Monday, August 15, 2005

18 Week Update

"Officially", I am 19+5 weeks along, but according to my calendar, I am 18+3. So no surprise that at today's appointment with our midwife, I am measuring 18-19 cms.

Other statistics: I've gained 3 pounds. Baby's heartbeat is 144 bpm. I got to look at my lab report from the ob's office. Let's see... negative for HepB, negative for HIV (big surprise there) and I'm definitely immune to Rubella. Hemoglobin a little on the high side, and Ketones were +1 (pretty good considering that was the week I couldn't keep food down without meds).

We'll have a sonogram in the next couple weeks to confirm dates and to learn the baby's gender. Don't worry! I won't ruin the surprise. I'll post it in the comments.

Hip pain report: must.call.chiropractor.tomorrow.

Also I've been thinking about renting a tub. Anyone used one of these?

From Babycenter.com: Baby is 5 1/2 inches long, about the length of a large sweet potato (don't you just love those fruit & vegetable analogies! My favorite was the avocado) and weighs almost 7 ounces.

No comments: