Saturday, August 27, 2005

20 Week Update

Wednesday was my appointment with the chiropractor. I had never ever seen a chiropractor before, not even with all the hip and back pain of my first two pregnancies. Let me say, it was just incredible. I felt a difference immediately. Though the doctor warned me that I might be sore for the first day, and I was, it was still in less pain than before the adjustment. The second day a little less, and today, hardly anything, though my hips do occasionally remind me that I am still pregnant. I no longer waddle when I walk - or, at least, I waddle like a 20-week pregnant woman, not a 40-week pregnant woman. I no longer feel like my hips are out of whack. It's amazing, you don't even realize that there is something wrong with the way that you walk until you can walk normally again. And bonus: our chiropractor employs massage therapists, so we can get massages for the same co-pay as an adjustment. Yipee!

The big news is... little champion has not nursed for nearly a week. So I guess we can consider him "weaned". Although he asked once or twice, he didn't seem upset when I said no or distracted him. It was all about changing his bedtime routine, since he had dropped all nursings except the before-bed and before-nap ones. He's a big boy now. I think next week I will move his toddler bed out of our room and into his brother's room. He will like that. Next on the agenda: thinking about potty training.

From BabyCenter.com (no fruit analogies this weel):
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel... A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid... Your baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid.
That's all for now. I think I had more to say but I can't remember it (pregnant brain). May do 2 updates this week since I skipped last week.

No comments: