Thursday, January 12, 2006

39+6 Week Update

I was quite disappointed not to wake up this morning in labor. DH and I had decided that this was the day. Apparently, baby feels differently. Both his brothers were born on Thursdays, and tommorow is both my due date and a full moon. So it would be a good day.

On the other hand, babies #1 & #2 made me wait, so why should this one be any different? Why on earth did I think he would come early? Oh, I have a whole piece to write about due dates and how they are wrong and don't mean anything. Maybe I should write it, then read it to myself over and over and over. Sigh...

Well, the day's not over yet!

Anyway, the last several days I have felt a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen, back & pelvic floor, mostly in the evenings. It comes and goes. I've never quite figured out what a Braxton-Hicks contraction is, so maybe this is it. Feels completely different from pre-labor with the first two.

I've completely lost all motivation. Last week I had that nesting instinct, but this week I don't really want to do anything but sit around. I am bored and discouraged.

Not much else to report. My prenatal visit was fine, nothing new.

Hopefully will post an update later.

No comments: