Wednesday, November 16, 2005

31 Week Update

My belly button has always been an "innie". Even with my two previous pregnanices, the closest I got was "flat". Not anymore. There is a slight bulge on the topside of my belly button. Every day it bulges a little more. Doesn't hurt but it looks and feels strange. Ugh.

Keeping the hip pain under control is a bit of a struggle. I have to watch my posture, and am back to weekly visits to the chiropractor.

The great news is... baby is now vertex (head down). I went to a talk last night on Optimal Fetal Positioning, more on that later, but just to say that I have lots of information on how to keep him that way. Fundal height is 32 cm., more like what it should be (apparently with baby having been breech two weeks ago, he was taking up a bit more room than he is now). Gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Blood sugar and blood pressure o.k.

From BabyCenter.com:
This week, your baby measures about 16 inches long. He weighs a little over 3 pounds and is headed for a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and he's beginning to accumulate a layer of fat underneath his skin in preparation for life as a newborn. As a result, his arms, legs, and body are filling out.

That's all for now.

No comments: